The Terrestrial Aeronomy component of the Imaging Science research program deals with the following specific projects:
- Studies of the sub-auroral ionosphere and thermosphere
- Studies of gravity waves in the mesophere
- Studies of the equatorial ionosphere and thermosphere
- Use of Global Positioning System (GPS) satellite signals to study ionospheric irregularites from polar to equatorial latitude.
- Studies of the sources of ionospheric variability
- Studies of ionospheric storms using multi-diagnostic techniques of global models of the thermospher-ionosphere system.